Monday, March 1

Crockpot Oatmeal

So, I've been meaning to make crockpot oatmeal for like the past 6 months? 1 year? something like that. Last night, I finally did it! I dumped the steel cut oats, water, salt and some cinnamon in the pot, turned it on and went to bed. It was warm in the morning. I think it was a bit overcooked, but overall, tasted like steel cut oats. I added brown sugar, milk, and walnuts to mine. I have enough now to have oatmeal every morning at school as long as I remember to pack some to reheat in the microwave.

Notes and Next Time

  • Make sure to make extra - not just cause extra is good but because our crockpot is big. I wouldn't want to make a smallish batch and have it all glued to the bottom.
  • Maybe put it on low for only 8 hours instead of 10?
  • adding dried fruit while it's cooking might be nice

Ingredients/Recipe
  • 2 cups steel cut oats
  • 8 cups water
  • salt
  • cinnamon

No comments: