Thursday, August 16

Putting things up

I've been enjoying being back in the Northwest and using my "free" time to start putting things up. Last week saw the addition of 10 new jars to our cupboards. I made 7 1/2 pints of blackberry jam (and have now given 2 away), one jar of brandied cherries, one jar of blueberry-basil vinegar, and one jar of blackberry infused gin!

In addition, the rest of the flat and a half of blackberries is resting the freezer along with about a quart of frozen blueberries, 3 or 4 containers of red beans, and 2 containers of chicken broth. Oh! and also 2 portions of carnitas. And rosemary salt!

On my putting up wish list...
- apricot-rosemary jam (using our rosemary outside)
- pickled dilly beans (at least one whole batch, maybe 2)
- huckleberries if I can get them
- peaches? plums? either to freeze or turn into jam
- limoncello (we gave away all of our before moving away from Iowa) I have 2 bottles of Everclear waiting so maybe also an arancello?
- bags of frozen shredded chicken for enchiladas etc
- bagels (frozen)
- par baked bread (frozen)
- yogurt (I guess you don't really put this up... but I miss the taste of homemade yogurt)
- marmalade (I keep reading recipes for this and want to try)
- dried hot peppers from the garden, and maybe a small batch of hot pepper jelly?
- something with the massive quantity of tomatoes soon to arrive... freezing? drying? canning? tomato jam?

No comments: