Wednesday, June 19

Preparing and planning

We both are starting new jobs in the next few weeks (and mine will involve a commute for the first time in a year) so I'm trying to rethink our daily routine and figure out how it can be adjusted for our new reality. Part of that reality is going to involve less time for dinner prep in the early evening and an increasing need to get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. While we weren't creating elaborate meals most nights anyway, I've been used to having the time to make this that require longer cooking times while I work around the house.

I'm also trying to use this time before all the jobs begin to create a stockpile of recipes (ha! as if I follow recipes!) as well as the building blocks for meals we like to eat. Today, that means that I need to turn 2 packages of ground turkey and one package of chicken breasts into something I can freeze for a future meal. I'm thinking that the turkey might become a batch of precooked meatballs and frozen burgers. I know that I'll slice the chicken up, but haven't figured out what to season it with. I've already got a package of "Asian-ish" chicken in the freezer. 

It's also Wednesday which means it's our local farmers' market day. I'll need to decide whether we're going in a couple of hours and then make some appropriate dinner plans. It's pretty overcast, so I'm leaning to a night staying home. 

No comments: